Enjoy our new WAS Artists’ Show at the Oak Bistro and Wine Bar!Featuring WAS ArtistsAmparo de La CruzGail EricksonGriselda “GG”GonzalezLindy MayPhyllis SilkOwners Brian and Lisa Jacobsen invite you and your friends to come in and say “hello”.Stop in and see the wonderful artwork of these talented artists at this fun, upbeat place to meet friends.
Wednesday, August 17, 2016
Wellington Art Society member Toni Willey is the current featured solo artist at Whole Foods Market Wellington Café. A Public Reception will be held at and hosted by the Whole Foods Market Wellington Staff on Friday, August 26, 2016 from 6:30pm until 8pm. Delicious appetizers and wine will be served along with live music and door prizes. The Art Society asks a $5 donation which will go to their Scholarship Fund. It will be a lovely reception for the artist and friends and a great way to start the weekend! Toni is a highly accomplished artist and will be showing her series of endangered species entitled “The Vanishing”. The Exhibit is open now.
Toni Willey began drawing at an early age but her exceptional talent surfaced when she began painting. Her teachers said she painted the way Mozart played music; it just rolled off her fingers. After high school she received a National Scholastic Award of Merit from the St. Louis Art Museum. She attended Art Institute and Foundation classes at Washington University and St. Louis University, where she studied all the fine art disciplines. Her painting style is photo realistic and semi abstract done in acrylics, mixed media and watercolor.
|WAS Member Roehl Acosta Receives Best of Show Award|
Curator Janeen Mason, announced the winners to the capacity crowd that took place at the June 3rd Thursday event and Executive Director, Nancy Politsch presented the awards. Jane Davis Doggett, 2016 inductee into the Florida Artists Hall of Fame, Jennifer Elser, CEO of the Elliott Museum and Nancy Politsch, served as the judges.
Collaboration and cooperation are key to the Art of Association, which showcases 375 original works of art from 186 exhibiting artists. Participating art groups include Art Associates of Martin County, Artists in Florida, Fabric and Florals by Choice, Jensen Beach Art League, Lake Worth Art League, Lighthouse ArtCenter Artists’ Guild, Lighthouse Camera Club, North County Art Association, Palm Beach County Art Teacher’s Association, Plein Air Palm Beach, Port St. Lucie Art League, South Florida Basket & Fiber Guild, Studio Art Quilting Association Pod 7 and Pod 8, Wellington Art Society and Women in the Visual Arts.
"This is an exhibition in which art lovers and collectors can see, as well as purchase, the best work by members of art associations in our region. There are outstanding pieces of art ranging from representational and abstract paintings to photography, ceramic sculptures and glass work to fiber art,” said Executive Director Nancy Politsch. “The openings, lectures and exhibition this summer also offer the participating artists an opportunity to network, share ideas and expand their horizons.”
BEST OF SHOW: Roehl Acosta, Wellington Art Society, Title: Florida Wave
SCULPTURE, 3-D ANDJEWELRY
• 1st Place: Nancy Politsch, Lighthouse ArtCenter Artist Guild, Glass, Title: Silver Glow
• 2nd Place: Bill Jones, North County Art Associates, Turned wooden bowl with inlaid turquoise, Title: Southwest Trails
• 3rd Place: Carolyn Austin, North County Art Associates, Hand-Blown Glass, Title: Purple Haze
• 1st Place: Barbara Watler, Studio Art Quilting Association Pod 7, Quilted Applique, Title: Vibrations
• 2nd Place: Cindy Bartosek, South Florida Basket and Fiber Guild, Eco Print on Silk, Title: Natural Impressions
• 3rd Place: Ellen Anderman, SAQA Pod 8, Quilted Applique, Title: Color My World
• Honorable Mention: Malle Whitaker, South Florida Basket and Fiber Guild, Reed and natural materials on stoneware base, Title: Rebirth
ABSTRACT, MIXED MEDIA, ENCAUSTIC
• 1st Place: Karen Angstadt, Jensen Beach Art League, Ink on Fiber, Title: Puppy Love
• 2nd Place: Lorrie Williamson, Florida Artist Guild, Mixed Media, Title: Passion for Life
PAINTING, OIL AND ACRYLIC
• 1st Place: Tonya Witzel, Lighthouse ArtCenter Artist Guild, Oil on Canvas, Title: Portico Reflections
• 2nd Place: Laurie Snow Hein, Lighthouse ArtCenter Artist Guild, Acrylic on Canvas, Title: Hunter’s Paradise
• 3rd place: Kris Davis, Palm Beach County Art Teachers Association, Oil on Canvas, Title: Rhythm
• Hon. Mention: Susan Greeley, Women in the Visual Arts, Acrylic on Canvas, Title: Kingston Road Market
WATERCOLOR AND PASTEL
• 1st Place: Carmen Lagos, Lighthouse ArtCenter Artist Guild, Watercolor, Title: Nature’s Way of Weaving
• 2nd Place: Gustavo Castillio, Lighthouse ArtCenter Artist Guild, Watercolor, Title: Sweetwater for Sale
• 3rd Place: Lynn Morgan, Florida Artist Group, Pastel on Paper, Title: Heaven and Earth
• Hon Mention: Kathryn Adele Schumacher, Lighthouse ArtCenter Artist Guild, Title: Elephant Walk
PHOTOGRAPHY AND DIGITAL
• 1st Place: Barry Schein, Artists in Florida, Photography, Title: Masai One
• 2nd Place: Don Lacy, Lighthouse Camera Club, Photography, Title: December Morning
• 3rd Place: Debbie Rubin, Women in the Visual Arts, Photography, Title: The Barbershop
• Hon Mention: Judy Norton, Lighthouse Camera Club, Photography, Title: Red Dragonfly
|WAS Second VP Susan Mosely presents check on behalf of the Wellington Art Society to Yimarie Rivera, Assistant Curator of Education, and Glenn Tomlinson, Curator of Education; of the Norton Museum of Art.|
The Wellington Art Society was established in 1981 and has over 100 members. It is open to artists of all mediums and patrons of the arts,providing both local and regional artists the platform to share their work, learn more about their craft and serve the community through their art.
The mission of the Wellington Art Society is to educate and encourage originality among its members and area youth; and to present art, promote art appreciation and further advancement of all cultural endeavors in Palm Beach County, Florida.
Monday, June 13, 2016
Join us for the Opening Reception and Awards Presentation at the Art of Association Exhibition at the Lighthouse Art Center Gallery in Tequesta, FL on
Thursday, June 16, 5:30-7:30.
Cash Bar and passed hors d’oeuvres
Congratulations to our exhibiting WAS artists:
The collaborative exhibition features over 100 talented artists from 16 Art
Associations located in Palm Beach and Martin Counties.
Please share the media notice featuring images of our exhibiting WAS artists’ work with your social media contacts.We look forward to seeing you and thank you for supporting local artists!!!
Wednesday, May 11, 2016
Wednesday, April 27, 2016
On Thursday, May 5 the Wellington Art Society and CJR Fine Arts and Frame are hosting a fabulous art show and sale. Above and Beyond will highlight the artwork of the very talented members of the Wellington Art Society. Come join in the experience of chatting with the artists and learning what inspires them. The show includes 2-D and 3-D art and their will also be book signings by a few members as well. The show is being held at CJR Fine Arts and Frame at 514B North State Road 7 in Royal Palm Beach from 6:30 until 9pm. Wine and light bites will be served. Don't miss this wonderful opportunity to interact with our amazing artists. For more information contact the President of the Wellington Art Society Sandy Axelrod at firstname.lastname@example.org.